- 논문 투고와 심사는 온라인 논문투고 홈페이지 http://www.e-jwj.org 에서 진행
- 연중 수시로 접수하며, 논문 접수일은 학회 접수 절차가 완료된 시점으로 함
논문 투고는 연구논문과 리뷰논문으로 구분하며, 다른 간행물에 발표되지 않은 것을 원칙으로 함
- 리뷰논문 : 용접 및 접합에 관한 학문적, 기술적 기여가 있는 것으로, 전문적인 주제와 연구흐름과 방향에 대한 데이터를
근거로 과학적인 논증을 주체로 하는 논문
- 연구논문 : 용접 및 접합에 관한 학문적, 기술적 기여와 논증을 주체로 하고, 독창성과 객관성이 있는 논문
- 표, 그림 포함하여 회지의 인쇄 면수 5면을 기본으로 하고, 10면을 초과하지 않아야 함
- 국문과 영문 작성이 가능하며 논문 작성 지침 따라 작성
- 학술대회, 위원회 세미나 등에서 발표한 논문을 투고할 경우에는 학술대회명, 일시 등을 표기
- 표, 그림, 사진에 있는 문자는 모두 영문으로 표기하고 해당면의 상단 또는 하단에 배치
- 참고문헌은 영문으로 작성하며, 일련번호, 저자명(모두), 제목, 저널명 또는 책명(이탤리체), 권(호) (년도), 게재면 (사용언어) 순으로 작성
- 예) 1) Young Kim and Ki Young Park, Micro TIG Welding Characteristics of Stainless Steel Bellows,
Journal of Welding and Joining, 33(2) (2013), 115-119
- 2) Y. Miyazaki et al., Journal of JWS, 19(2) (2001), 241-251
- 3) 대한용접접합회지 참고문헌 표기 방법
① 2014년도 이전 발간 학술지 : Journal of KWJS
② 2014년도부터 발간된 학술지 : Journal of Welding and Joining
- 학문 분야에 따라 전문심사자에게 의뢰하여 진행하며 심사자는 논문원고에 대한 평가와 종합의견을 제시하여야 함
- 수정을 요구받은 집필자는 45일 이내에 수정 보완하여 제출해야 하고, 45일이 지나도 제출하지 않으면 탈락으로 처리
- 집필자의 부득이 한 사정으로 연기할 경우, 집필자는 연기 일정을 학회에 통보해야 하며, 연기는 1회에 한함.
논문게재료는 5면을 기본으로 계산하고, 별도의 논문 심사료는 부과하지 않음
- 접수된 원고는 일체 반환하지 않으며, 채택된 원고에 대한 저작권은 학회가 소유
- 심사 완료 된 논문에 대한 저자권 양도확인서 제출하고, 학회는 저자권 양도확인서를 5년간 보관
Instruction for Authors
New manuscripts should be submitted online at the following URL: http://submit.e-jwj.org/
Log in is required for the first time user. If you do not have an account, click "Register" button and make your account. ID should be your email address being actively used now. If you have an account but forgot your password, click the "Forgot Your Password?" button. Your password will be given to your email address on your request. To begin, enter your User ID and password into the boxes provided, and click. At the welcome screen, click "Submit a Manuscript" button. After that, click "New Submissions" button to submit your new manuscript and follow steps 1-6.
Step 1. Title, Abstract and Corresponding Author
Choose manuscript type, and enter your title and abstract into the appropriate boxes. If you need to insert a special character, click the "Special Characters" button. If you are submitting a manuscript that does not require an Abstract, please type N/A in the Abstract box. Please click the check box, if the corresponding author is the first author.
Step 2. Authors
Enter the personal information for the first author in the boxes under "Add the First Author."
Step 3. File Upload
The manuscript file (main text) should not include authors’ name or affiliation. Upload and select the correct file designation for each item. All images should be inserted into a PowerPoint file. Acceptable file formats are pdf, hwp, doc and ppt, and each file should not be bigger than 20 MB in size.
Step 4. PDF conversion
Merger file will be created in pdf format.
Step 5. Cover Letter
Please, submit a separate cover letter with additional notes to Editor-in-Chief.
Step 6. Preview
Review the information in the Preview chart for correctness; make changes if needed. If you have not completed the required steps, you will not be able to submit your manuscript.
Step 7. Submit
Once it is submitted, you will be able to monitor the progress of your manuscript through the peer review process.
Manuscripts should be typed in double-spaced with adequate margins. All manuscript must use SI (metric) units in the text, figures, or tables. Manuscripts should be organized in the following order: title, name(s) of author(s) and his/her (their) complete affiliation(s) including zip code(s), Abstract (not exceeding 200 words), Introduction, Main body of paper, Acknowledgements, References, Appendices, Table & Figure Captions, Tables and Figures.
Title: The title of the paper should be concise and definitive.
Author names and affiliations: Author name should consist of first name (or initial), middle initial, and last name. The author affiliation should consist of the following, as applicable, in the order noted:
Company or college (with department name or company division), Postal address, City, state, zip code
Country name (only for countries other than the U.S.), Telephone, fax, and e-mail
Abstract: An abstract (200 words maximum) should open the paper or brief. The purposes of the abstract are:
- To give a clear indication of the objective, scope, and results so that readers may determine whether the full text will be of particular interest to them.
- To provide key words and phrases for indexing, abstracting, and retrieval purposes.
Equations: All mathematical equations should be clearly printed/typed using well accepted explanation. Superscripts and subscripts should be typed clearly above or below the base line. Equation numbers should be given in Arabic numerals enclosed in parentheses on the right-hand margin. They should be cited in the text as, for example, Eq. (1), or Eqs. (1)-(3).
Tables: All tables should be numbered consecutively and have a caption consisting of a table number and a brief title. This number should be used when referring to the table in text. Table references should be included within the text in numerical order according to their order of appearance. Tables should be inserted as part of the text as close as possible to its first reference ? with the exception of those tables included at the end of the paper as an appendix. A separate list of table numbers and their respective captions should be included at the end of the paper (for production purposes only).
Figures: All figures (graphs, line drawings, photographs, etc.) should be numbered consecutively and have a caption consisting of the figure number and a brief title or description of the figure. This number should be used when referring to the figure in text. Figure references should be included within the text in numerical order according to their order of appearance. Figures should be referenced within the text as "Fig. 1." When the reference to a figure begins a sentence, the abbreviation "Fig." should be spelled out, e.g., "Figure 1." A separate list of figure numbers and their respective captions should be included at the end of the paper (for production purposes only).
Reference: Within the text, references should be cited in numerical order according to their order of appearance. The numbered reference citation within text should be indicated with half-parenthesis in superscripts.
Example: It was shown by Moon1)that the fracture toughness decreases under these conditions.
In the case of two citations, the numbers should be separated by a comma 1,2).In the case of more than two references, the numbers should be separated by a dash 3,4,5-7). All references should be listed at the end of the manuscripts, arranged in order. Reference to journal articles and papers in serial publications should include:
- Full name of each author
- Full title of the cited article, title capitalization
- Full name of the publication in italics
- Volume number (if any) (Do not include the abbreviation, "Vol.")
- Issue number (if any) in parentheses (Do not include the abbreviation, “No.”)
- Year of publication
- DOI number (if any)
- Inclusive page numbers of the cited article (Do not include the abbreviation, “pp.”)
The exemplary form of listed references is as follows:
- (1) A. A. Golden berg and A. Bazerghi, Preview approach to force control of robot manipulators, J. Appl. Mech. 20(5) (1985), 449-464
- (2) Hyoung Cho, Myung-Hyun Kimm and Jun-Woong Choi, FSW Properties of Aluminium Alloy 5000/6000 for Small Boat, Journal of Welding and Joining, 32(1) (2014), 34-39
- (3) Young Kim and Ki Young Park, Micro TIG Welding Characteristics of Stainless Steel Bellows, Journal of KWJS, 31(2) (2012), 115-119 ※ Journals published until 2013
- (4) Y. Miyazaki, S. Furusako and M. Ohara, Porosity Formation in CO2 Laser Welding of Steel Sheets, Journal of Japan Welding Society, 19(2) (2001), 241-251
References, including those pending publications in well-known journals or pertaining to private communications, not readily available to referees and readers will not be acceptable if the understanding of any part of the submitted paper is dependent upon them. In the text the reference should be numbered in bracket in ascending order, e.g. 1),2), etc. Single or two authors can be referred in the text; three or more authors should be shortened to the last name of the first author, like Smith et al.
- Review paper : Review articles undergo full peer review. A Review Article organizes, clarifies, and ㅠ summarizes existing major works in science and engineering and provides comprehensive citations to a full spectrum of relevant literatures.
- Special issue : Special issue articles undergo full peer review. A special issue article reports results that are of significant and archival value to the engineering community; however, these works are more limited in scope and length than a research paper. A special issue may contain any of the following: 1. preliminary report of a result not yet fully developed or interpreted; and 2. commentary on a technical issue of potential interest to readers.
- Research paper : Research papers undergo full peer review. A research paper is a full-length, technically original research document that reports results of major and archival value to the specific community of engineers that comprise the journal audience.
Galley proofs will be provided as a pdf file to the author with reprint order and copyright transfer form. The author should return the corrected galley proofs within a week with the signed reprint order and copyright transfer form. Attention of the authors is directed to the instructions which accompany the proof, especially the requirement that all corrections, revisions, and additions be entered on the proofs and not on the manuscripts. Proofs should be carefully checked and returned to the Journal of Welding and Joining (JWJ) editorial office by online or e-mail if the changes are minimal. If the changes are extensive, proofs should be returned by fax only. Substantial changes in an article at this stage may be made at the author’s expense. The reprint request form must be returned with the proof. Neither the editor nor the JWJ office keeps any supply of reprints.
Peer review process
Submitted manuscripts will be sent to peer reviewers, unless they are either out of scope or below the quality threshold for the journal, or the presentation or written English is of an unacceptably low standard. A manuscript that meets this standard is sent to anonymous reviewers for peer review. Once the editorial office receives complete reviews, the associate editor and editor makes a decision and the corresponding author is informed of the editorial decision by e-mail. The editor selects referees results of the review will be classified as follows;
- Accepted: The manuscript will be forwarded to the publisher without further corrections.
- Minor revisions: The author should address the comments from the reviewers, which will be confirmed by the reviewers before being sent to the publisher.
- Major revisions: The author should address the comments from the reviewers and make the appropriate corrections for further review by the reviewers.
- Rejection: When majority of the reviewers recommends not to publish, the manuscript will be rejected by the editorial committee.
- Consultation: Review of the manuscript will be forwarded to further consultation to subcommittees and subspecialties.
Manuscripts reviewed that require revision should be revised and uploaded with a response to the reviewers’ comment at JWJ editorial manager within two months. Otherwise, the manuscript will be considered as a new manuscript when and if it is resubmitted.
And disputes or ethical issues raised during or after the publication should follow the guidelines found at
Research and publication ethics
Journal of Welding and Joining (JWJ) strictly applies international standards for editors and authors of Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) on publishing integrity.
Page charge or article processing charge
The article processing charge for paper is 120,000 KRW within 5 pages. An excess page charge of 30,000 KRW per page will be charged within 10 pages. For papers with acknowledgement for financial support, there will be additional charge of 70,000 KRW. Be noted that there is no article processing charge for papers submitted by foreign authors